AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller
What makes the AutoQuad flight controllers special?
Besides using top quality sensors and MCU, AutoQuad differs in its approach of using sensor calibration techniques and calculating the magnetic profile of the entire multirotor creating the ultimate stable flying and navigation experience.
Summary of specifications of the AQ 6.x flightcontroller hardware
- 2″ x 2.5″ main board with 4,5×4,5cm mounting hole pattern
- Input voltage: 6.5v => 18v
- 2 High efficiency DC/DC converters, separate power to flightcontroller logics and accessories.
- STM32F407 32bit Cortex M4 microcontroller (1MB flash)
- Standard Arm 10 pin 0.05″ pitch SWD connector
- 14 general purpose PWM controllers / receivers (powered or un-powered)
- Dedicated Spektrum satellite (remote receiver) 2.4Ghz R/C radio connector
- uSD card slot driven by 4bit SDIO capable of 100Mb/s transfer (up to 32GB storage)
- onboard uBlox LEA-6T GPS module with battery backup and timepulse capture
- u.FL active GPS antenna connector
- optional external bi-directional telemetry radio via standard 6 pin FTDI connector – powered up to 1A
- I2C bus connector for I2C ESC’s (or other I2C devices)
- X,Y Mag: HMC6042
- Z Mag: HMC1041Z
- X,Y Gyro: IDG500
- Z Gyro: ISZ500
- Accel: ADXL325
- Pressure Sensor: MP3H6115A (optional 2. tube sensor)
- Battery voltage monitor
Onboard IMU options:
- 9 DOF analog sensors (3x RATE, 3x ACC, 3x MAG) w/EMI hardening
- Optional DIMU (digital IMU w/ CAN Bus, new pressure sensor) – go to WIKI page for more information – http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/autoquad-hardware-connections/dimu-and-can-bus-upgrade/
- Optional CAN bob as daughter board extension
Summary of capabilities of the AQ 6.x firmware
- Fly extremely stable yet offer full dynamic control to the pilot.
- Limit flying angles.
- Mavlink 1.0x compatible protocol, Ground Stations for Win, Mac, Linux & Android
- Very accurate position hold, depending on GPS reception a hold within 15-30 cm is possible.
- Altitude override (ascend / descend) during position hold with controlled vertical speed.
- Full mission flight, speed, heading and ‘loiter time’ is settable.
- Return to home position, altitude is also recorded during home position set.
- POI (point of interest), autonomous circling around given coordinates
- Heading Free flight mode, Follow Me, Click & Go (needs exp. firmware)
- Radio loss detection and event triggering.
- Low battery detection and event triggering.
- 2 axis gimbal control with pitch angle override on transmitter.
- Gimbal working angle and response time is settable.
- Gimbal servos can use 50Hz (analog) to 400+ Hz (digital) settable.
- Radio options: Spektrum satellite (10 & 11bit), S-bus receiver, (C)PPM input, SUMD (Graupner) M-Link (Multiplex)
- User Addon Waypoint recording and playback using transmitter switch.
- User Addon External LED / Piezo signaling for status and events, MAVLink telemetry for Graupner HOTT radios
Learn more about the AutoQuad in our Wiki
AutoQuad firmware and most of the related software is published under the GNU GPLv3 software license. Please read the license carefully before you apply changes to the code.
More info on the AutoQuad licensing.
3D animation: use your mouse to turn the board 360deg. left & right