Tuning, Troubleshooting, And Logging
On the following pages we will concentrate on tuning the AutoQuad flight controller to your needs, and a guide for basic troubleshooting. An invaluable source of tuning and troubleshooting data is the AQ log file saved to the SD card, which is also covered in this section. Logging can also provide a full record of your flight, including photo triggering options and more.
Hint: a very good tool for motor/prop/lipo calculations is eCalc
WARNING! There have been reports of certain PID values over saturating the motor outputs possibly causing a crash if not adjusted properly. Read our forum thread here.
The tuning pages are divided into sections:
- PID Tuning theory : to tune the different PID controllers in AutoQuad it is vital that the basic principles of a PID controller are understood. This page will try to explain a PID controller.
- Attitude controller tuning : tuning the flight controller attitude behavior like the rate and stabilization.
- Navigation controller tuning: tuning the navigation controller behavior like altitude, navigation, position hold.
- Troubleshooting : a guide to parameters and recommendations. It will grow with experience from the community,
- Logfile Analysis : see what was really going on during flight.
- Log Exporting : visualize your flight in Google Earth, geotag photographs, and more.