AutoQuad6 Full-Size Flight Controller
AutoQuad 6 is the current full-sized controller option with 14 input/output channels that can be configured for motors, servos, LEDs, audio signalling, and other uses.
Although the older on-board Analog IMU on the V6 board is fully supported in the software, we recommend upgrading AQ6 board to Digital IMU. Besides improving the IMU performance and greatly simplifying calibration, the DIMU expander adds CAN Bus and 2nd serial port to AQ6.
Read more on the DIMU upgrade page.
Overview with connection mapping
AutoQuad6 component shortlist:
- AutoQuad flight controller available at flyduino.com and viacopter.eu
- ESCs flashed for 400Hz output or the ESC32.
- FTDI / USB-Serial adapter for uploading firmware and wired communication.
- Frame: tri – quad – hexa – octo or any other exotic is possible. Y3 is not supported at this time.
- RC Gear: A minimum of 6 channels is needed — see radio options.
- A class 10 micro SD card for calibration and on-board logging. See the recommended list.
- And last but not least: Lots of time.
Take the following steps to get to the first flight with an AQ6 board:
- Get all the additional components needed.
- Assemble the headers on the AutoQuad.
- Download firmware and AutoQuad software.
- Install the Ground Control Station.
- Flash firmware to the AutoQuad & basic setup.
- Perform the static calibration.
- Place the AutoQuad on your new frame.
- Perform the dynamic calibration.
- Perform the calculations.
- Upload the calculations and perform final setup to the AutoQuad.
- Run preflight tests and continue to your first flight.